The journey to setting up my tv wall started more than a year ago. I would say that this is one part of the apartment that I was pretty certain about. Last year, I had my local carpenter customize my Tv unit. In keeping with the clean lined and minimal theme I was going for, I modeled it after the IKEA besta unit and modified the length to fill a better portion of the wall. If you read my last blog post, you’ll remember that I said I was in a completely different headspace back then – and this also informed my decision to have two staggered floating shelves above it.
With this year’s renovation, I didn’t want to get rid of the tv unit because I still loved it but I wanted to tweak it a little. I toyed with the idea of having handles put on it but I finally decided to have the legs raised by getting a welder to construct a metal frame. May not seem like a huge task but it made all the difference. I also ripped out my staggered floating shelves and opted for a single unit to mirror the entire length of the Tv unit.
Aaaand yes! We can address the obvious elephant in the room. The color of the wall in the last two pictures aren’t identical. That’s because when I painted it green initially, I used satin paint – which unknown to me would reveal all the marks, dents and imperfections on the wall. A day or three later, I had the tradesmen come back in, screed the entire wall and paint it in matte black.